Landon

Landon

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 4 of CEdO535 - Google site, podcasting, and Twitter

I started my Google site for my classroom this week. It is still a work in progress, but I am done with two classes so far. I teach six different high school classes over the course of a school year, so I have my work cut out for me! I would like this to be fully functioning site by the time I am finished with it. We have been given two weeks to complete this assignment, however to be fully functional I think it will take me longer to perfect it and make it exactly how I want it to be.

I am struggling to complete my five required tweets for the paper that is due this week. I don't feel as though I have that much to say and I feel like I am forcing myself to come up with intelligent tweets to add. I don't think I am using twitter to my full advantage at this point. Professionally, I could follow people who would give helpful links or lead me to tools or information that could be useful in my classroom. I think I need to spend more time with it to see what I can do with it.

After creating my screencast with Screenr, I found out how easy screencasts are. I think the biggest downfall of Screenr is that it is restricted to five minutes. I could see myself talking for much longer than five minutes on some lessons. I also have used eyejot and also found it easy to use. I would definitely need to investigate some other tools to see which I like best and which I would be able to use effectively.

3 comments:

  1. I like you hope to use my website for my classroom. I also teach 6 classes. It does seem like a lot of set up work and I would like to have it perfect, but it will take some personal time to get it done. If you find a way to make it faster, be sure you share it with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I too am struggling with Twitter. It's blocked by firewalls in my district. I tend to think of Twitter along the lines of FourSquare. Maybe someone will provide some ways they've used it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Screencast... so that's how they are supposed to look and sound?!?!?!
    Good luck implementing Google Sites in our class room. Do you foresee any possibility of using Twitter in your school?

    ReplyDelete