Landon

Landon

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Digital Storytelling, Week 1 of CEdO530

Well, I must say I am quite excited for this class! I am really looking forward to finding out about ways to improve and enhance some of the presentations that I use in my classroom. I realize that some of my presentations are not the most exciting for my students. Improving those presentations could keep more students interested in the material being covered and would increase the amount of information being retained by the students.

So far, I am having a blast taking pictures and posting them! I am looking forward to the final project that we will be doing with the pictures.

It took some time to find three different stories to watch. The stories I found were short, all less than four minutes. However, despite their shortness, they conveyed emotion, peaked my interest, and answered my questions. These are all things important to telling a story. Hopefully, I will be able to create some stories just as effective.

4 comments:

  1. I am also excited for this class. I have enjoyed taking the pictures and I really liked writing my personal story. I got a little carried away with the detail but it was nice thinking about my future.

    I know that as a teacher, I tell stories all the time. How would you evaluate your current ability to tell a story? What areas do you think you need improvement upon? How will this class change the way that you present material?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is certainly one of the most interesting classes we have had, and I share your excitement. Storytelling is one of those skills that can be applied in many ways, wither teaching a class, or talking with friends.

    I too am looking forward to getting more practice with this skill, and to learn how to be a more effective story teller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited too - but I love this class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am looking forward to learning how to enhance my presentation skills.

    I am still taking pictures but I haven't submitted any yet... using the camera on my work phone mostly and it's bogged down at the moment with work emails!

    Good luck with your track meet.

    ReplyDelete