Landon

Landon

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Celebrating Christmas

Today, Grandma and Grandpa Bausman and Aunt Megan and Taylor came to celebrate Christmas. We had  some impatient adults in the family! Megan made pasty for lunch and Mom brought salad and cookies. Landon slept through most of the party and woke up when everyone left! Carrie Bartels and Tom and Sue Burkhalter also stopped today to see him for the first time.

As far as eating, there isn't much change today. He took in 97 mLs but threw up twice. He pulled out his NG tube this morning and I told him that if he didn't want it in, then he needed to start eating better. We didn't get very far with that! Nick and I just wish that this would get figured out! I think I am frustrated because people will tell me that their child spit up a lot for the first six months. I feel like the only reason this is an issue for Landon is because we are already in the hospital and he has people keeping an eye on him all the time. We understand that he needs to eat in order to sustain himself, but we aren't sure what the solution is. It seems as though what the doctors think will work, isn't working.

On a totally unrelated note, I put on real clothes today! When I say real, I mean something other than sweatpants or leggings! I actually got a pair of jeans on and a sweater. It felt great! I am hoping that if I feel better and more positive then things with Landon will turn around. I may be grasping at straws here though...

Tom and Sue brought this bib for Landon, as well as other gifts, and Dad found it!

Such an amazing present!

And.....right before he threw up the last time!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sending so many prayers and positive thoughts to Wisconsin...and they are all headed to Landon's crib. I feel really hopeful. He's our Christmas baby, and we love him!

    ReplyDelete